Far Western has a high level of professional commitment to scientific research and outreach, and consistently, and successfully, contributes articles to a wide variety of regional, national, and international journals:
- American Antiquity
- Journal of California and Great Basin Anthropology
- Journal of Archaeological Research
- Journal of Archaeological Science
- Journal of Anthropological Archaeology
- North American Archaeologist
- Journal of Ethnobiology
- Journal of Island and Coastal Archaeology
- Journal of GIS in Archaeology
- Quaternary Research
- American Museum of Natural History Anthropological Papers
- Nevada State Museum Anthropological Papers
- Occasional Papers of the Museum of Anthropology at California State University Bakersfield
- San Luis Obispo County Archaeological Society Occasional Paperss
- Center for Archaeological Research at Davis Published Monographs
By contributing to research topics in archaeology, we also keep up-to-date on all recent studies, allowing us to easily incorporate relevant, project-specific research issues and discussions into our reports.
Far Western personnel have also authored several books and contributed to refereed volumes. Of particular relevance are our contributions to Jones and Klar’s seminal California Prehistory: Colonization, Culture, and Complexity, where there are seven contributing Far Western authors.
Another important commitment is Far Western’s participation in archaeological conferences. We also commit to submitting our papers in subsequent conference proceedings.