August 22, 2017
Far Western Anthropological Research Group has an immediate opening for a GIS Analyst position in our Carson City, NV office. Responsibilities include basic cartographic production, sensitivity modeling, data entry, georeferencing scanned maps and digitizing archaeological features. Experience with ESRI ArcMap required. This job requires a detail oriented person with the ability to work with a variety of people in a fast paced environment. Preferred candidates will have a GIS Certificate and strong database skills as well as knowledge and experience with Trimble GPS, Microsoft Excel, Access, web mapping applications, scripting languages and general principles of archaeology.
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume and three references as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is full time. Salary and benefits are competitive and based on experience.
This is an excellent opportunity with a respected cultural resource consulting firm. The successful candidate will have the opportunity fora variety of tasks on jobs throughout California, Nevada and Utah.
Far Western routinely hires archaeological technicians on a temporary basis to assist with fieldwork. If you would like to be considered for such work, please email your resume (FW Resume_LASTNAME.doc or .pdf) to email@example.com.
In addition to the requirements for employment with Far Western, all monitors must:
- Have a clean DMV record;
- Pass a criminal background check;
- Read and understand Far Western’s Safety Program;
- Conform to Fitness for Duty policies;
- Conform to our client’s Eligibility for Work requirements;
- Be willing to monitor at night, when necessary;
- Be able to use provided field equipment (typical field equipment includes: Ipad, Trimble GPS, Garmin GPS, and digital camera) and/or be willing to learn;
- Complete and turn in all field documents, timesheets, and reimbursements in a timely manner according to Far Western protocol;
- Complete and conform to all environmental and safety training (including site specific tailboards and other subcontractor requirements);
- Maintain all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to OSHA standards. Far Western will provide Safety glasses, safety vest, and hardhat for the duration of the project but it is the employee’s responsibility to immediately notify Far Western of any problems with their PPE. Steel toe or safety toe boots/shoes are the responsibility of the monitor, when necessary.